Monday, March 21, 2016

Houndstooth.....

How often do we, as crafters, use houndstooth?  I have to admit that I do not.  So when I saw this challenge at Kraft + Plus, I knew I was in for just that - a challenge.  The challenge is to follow the sketch below, use kraft paper, AND houndstooth!  This is what I created:


I stayed pretty true to the sketch.  I did leave out the two little photos since they really cluttered the page since my center images were bigger than the sketch. 

Starting with kraft paper, I added gesso in a houndstooth pattern, stamped postcards on top, and eventually layered the paper pieces together!  This was a great sketch!


May I suggest that you join me on this challenge - especially if you have houndstooth laying around! Links are due March 30th.


Materials Used: Paper Trunk kraft paper; Authentique - Favorite Collection papers; Cricut Design Space doilies, banner, butterflies, and vines; Cricut - Cindy Loo alphabet; Martha Stewart houndstooth stencil; Liquitex gesso; Stampendous - Carte Postale stamp; and Heidi Swapp edge distresser.



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, couldn't post from my phone, the words were all garbled! I love this layout, so inspiring! I tend to hoard my houndstooth papers, so I might need to let go and join in this challenge, love this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the challenge...great colours. Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ this month :)

    ReplyDelete