Sunday, March 13, 2016

Clearing Out The Stash

I love the feeling I get when I use old materials!  I suppose that is the point of the challenge blog, Clearing Out The Stash!  The challenge is to use patterned paper that is more than a year old.  Well - that is pretty easy for me to do!  I was a member for a kit club for years and as a result I have (though dwindling) a lot of paper!  So, to make this challenge a little harder, I decided to pick a piece of patterned paper that was hard to use.  I like the design - just the color combination made it hard to use on a lot of my photos.  And with that said, my challenge began.



I decided to use one photo (to counteract the busy pattern) and instead of framing the photo with paper, I used mulberry paper that has been sitting my stash for more years than I like to count.

This layout will be part of my vacation album and so I do not believe a lot of description would be needed.  I just couldn't believe we were at the beach on a gorgeous day and these folks were on their devices.  It was a crime!

In any case, I hope you can join me on this challenge, links close on March 21.

Materials Used: Basic Grey - Fusion paper, Thickers - Sunrise alphabet, and mulberry paper.

2 comments:

  1. That would be a hard patterned paper for me to use for a page...and you did it so well. I really need to stop buying more stash...but I don't know how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Clear It Out, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete