Friday, November 11, 2016

The Finishing Touches

When I created this layout, at first I did not ink the banners.  Though I liked the design of the page, the layout seemed to be missing something.  Finally, I decided to lift the banners (Sorry Lisa!  Every time I lift something off the page - I think of you cringing at me!  LOL) and ink the edges.  With that small finishing touch - the layout transformed into something so much better! Sometimes - it is in the details!


The fabulous sketch I followed for this layout is a current challenge at Sketch-N-Scrap.  Here is the sketch:

:

Join me on this fun sketch challenge!  Links close  on November 30th.


Materials Used:  Echo Park - Winter Park papers, cardstock, Cricut - Alphalicious font, buttons, ink, and embroidery floss.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the banners!!! What a nice touch! I can see why you pulled them up to ink but good thing I wasn't there I would have had to leave the room or have another glass of wine lol!!!! Another amazing layout for your books!!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great layout and the ink on the banners really make them pop! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cute layout and the banner pieces! Nice touch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute layout! Love the banners! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful take on the sketch. Love the colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete