Friday, September 23, 2016

Using Different Inks!

I pulled out all my inks today to play along with a challenge over at Sketches In Thyme (#218)!  The sketch looked like a lot of fun and a perfect excuse to use different techniques with inks!  Check out the sketch:


I started with a white cardstock and splattered ink from my Smooch Spritz by unscrewing the top and gently tapping the plastic spray mechanism.  Then I inked the edges of the cardstock and the patterned paper with an ink pad.  Next, I added stamping - using both first and second generation  techniques (one darker than the other).  Finally, I grabbed a cotton ball and saturated it with alcohol ink to make the swipes.  This is what I created: 


OOO one more thing - I was creative with my alphabet.  I have a ton of alphabets around but none of the letters spell what I want!  Here I turned "V's" upside down to make an "A."  Next, I did the same with the "W" to make an "M" and a "J" to make an "R."  Next, I used a "1" for an "I."  

I hope you can get messy with me and join me in this challenge!  The link closes on September 30th.

Materials Used:  cardstock, DCWV pattern paper, Thickers - Apartment alphabet, Smooch Spritz - Gold Glow, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Bundled Sage, Close to my Heart - Cocoa ink, Tim Holtz - Adirondack Alcohol Ink - Caramel, brads, Stampin' Up clasp, and Prima Marketing stamps.

3 comments:

  1. Really awesome take on the sketch! Love your mixed media work! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this page. The stamping on the background is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the inking on this fabulous page! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete