Sunday, May 8, 2016

Vintage...

This month at Lasting Memories, the theme is all about our photos.  This week the challenge is to use vintage photos, to use a current photo in sepia or black & white, or simply have a layout design follow a vintage style.

I found a picture of my parents having a picnic (circa 1940/1950's) and I knew immediately that I wanted to scrap it.  This is what I created:


Forgive the photo quality, it has been a dark and dreary day here in the "burgh."  I had this Kaiser Craft collection in my stash and thought it was perfect for this challenge.  I almost feel guilty when the paper works so perfectly that there is hardly anything else to add.  I put the die cut paper on a solid cardstock and inked the edges.  Next, I layered the photo on several pieces of patterned paper.  Finally, I added the title.  Easy.  Too easy that I keep thinking I need to do something else.  Time to walk away... (lol.)

I hope you can join us this week and share your vintage layouts with us!  Links are due by May 27th.

Materials Used: Bazzill cardstock, Kaiser Craft - Lady Rose papers, Cricut - Jasmine font, and Close To My Heart - cocoa ink.


2 comments:

  1. Yes do walk away as it is prefect the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Wendy :)What a great find too with the photo :) I need to work on my parents pictures and get them scrapped too :)

    ReplyDelete