Sunday, October 15, 2017

Go With The Flow

I am happy to help reveal the new challenge at Lasting Memories.  The challenge this week is to use either a page from a book or sheet music.

My original plan was to use a dictionary page on a military page that I was working on.  It was perfect - the page had army, armory, etc.  However, as the page was coming together - I did not have room on the layout for the dictionary page without cluttering the page.   I decided to finish the page and start a second page for the Lasting Memories challenge.   I am not too upset - I finished an extra page!

First is the layout for the challenge:


I used the dictionary page in my punch flowers, an element strip, and the date.  I can't wait to see the  creative ways your find to use old books in your layouts.  Be sure to link up your work by October 28th.

Here is the other page I mentioned:


I ended up having more journaling than I thought - hence the need to move on from my original plan. Though, I would like to add that my son only provided minimal detail about his week at the National Boy Scout Jamboree.   After going online, I found all kinds of information about the week.  My son enjoys remembering the details I have provided and smiles at me as if "how did you know."  Magic my son - magic.  LOL!

Oh one more thing about this military layout... I have this huge stash of alphabets and I always struggle to have the right letters.  I get creative.  In military, I needed an "L," "I," and an "a."  The I's were easy ... just trimmed the letter "k" to a straight line.  The L was a "t" that had a little trim as well and positioned upside down.  I always struggle with "A's," here I used an inverted "V" and placed a dot/period in the middle.  It isn't perfect but I think it works.


Materials Used for the "Fun!" layout:  Scenic Route - Parker alphabet, Me & My Big Ideas - Christmas Cheer papers, dictionary paper, brads, flower punches, Sizzix - Original Die - Fun Serif alphabet.


Materials Used for the " Military..." layout:  Authentique  Accomplished paper, cardstock, Thickers - Elf alphabet, Darice - Memoir alphabet.



No comments:

Post a Comment