Thursday, September 21, 2017

Ribbons, Ribbons, Ribbons...

I love ribbons.  I have a great stash of them.  With that said, I am always looking for new ways to use ribbons.  I found a fantastic tutorial on "woven flowers."  I implemented this technique on my layout below:


The bigger flowers have ribbons that are "woven" into a die cut.  The smaller flower simply has a ribbon tied in a knot for the center.  This was a fabulous idea and I plan on using it again!

I also added a canvas-type ribbon for my white vertical strip down each page.

I decided this was a great entry for the challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbons.  The challenge is to pretty much use ribbon on your project!  Links are due October 4th!




Materials Used:  ribbons, Studio Calico Die Cut stickers, recycled tag from clothing (Legacy), Echo Park - Season's Greetings paper, Recollections- Christmas Noel wood tiles, old ampersand, Teresa Collins - Urban Market enamel dots, Stickles - Icicle, and Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die cut.

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome layout, Wendy. It's SO nice to see your art and have you play along with us. I really hope that you will stop by again soon to link up more of your wonderful art. Have a blessed week!
    Karen L
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful 2 page layout! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon this week!
    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabby layout and a great addition to our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Huggs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio!

    ReplyDelete